Hello Peak Resilience Community!
As of July 15th we will be changing our fees for incoming clients. We deeply appreciate and value the relationships we have with our clients (you!), so we are offering a grace period to our current clients. To show our gratitude and honour the relationships we have built with you, we will not increase our fees for current clients until October 15, 2019.
As a team, we’ve thought a lot about our fees, and our tendency to shy away from increasing them despite not raising them for 4 years. As women and counsellors we try to be aware of the messages we have internalized that make it hard for us to ask for what we’re worth - this is a part of our own work. The reason we are increasing our fees is to provide the best quality service and that also means being transparent.
Here is a breakdown of what the fee increases will look like:
- Individual session new fees: $150+GST for a 50 minute session; $225+GST for a 75 minute session; $75+GST for a 25 minute session.
- Relationship session new fees: $195+GST for a 50 minute session; $292.50+GST for a 75 minute session
- Student session new fees: $110+GST for a 50 minute session; $165+GST for a 75 minute session
If you’re curious to know more about where your money is going you can have a look at a more detailed breakdown below. We also recognize that finances can be a barrier to counselling and have created a List of low cost counselling resources in Vancouver.
If you have questions about these changes, please feel free to chat with your counsellor, or you can connect with the clinical director of Peak Resilience, Jennifer Hollinshead at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so honoured and grateful to work with you, and hope to keep raising the bar for counselling services.
The Peak Resilience Team
Where your Money is Going
We really value transparency at Peak Resilience and take very seriously the idea that what you see is what you get! Here is a more detailed breakdown:
- We strive for the highest quality service possible, so our counsellors are constantly investing in advanced post graduate trainings such as: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT), Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Dialetical-Behaviour Therapy, Indigenous Cultural Safety Training, Clinical Supervision training and Brené Brown’s Daring Way certification.
- Our counsellors also invest in their own personal self-care so they can be extremely engaged and present in their work
- We are exploring implementing cutting-edge feedback-informed treatment that research has shown increases the quality and effectiveness of counselling services.
- We are investing in the creation of a practicum program in 2020 to train new counsellors and offer counselling at reduced rates.
- We are trying to serve our community in new and diverse ways. This means continually growing and expanding services to help more clients individually, as well as through groups and psychoeducational workshops. We invest a great deal of time and energy towards training staff, developing content, marketing groups/workshops, and ensuring that the content is highly tailored to participants.
- We have plans to invest in a new, larger, more inviting space customized specifically for our clients and counsellors in Downtown Vancouver
Thank you for your support!
(Photo by Markus Winkler)
(Photo by Markus Winkler)