Some literature to help guide us through the lifelong journey of social justice activism.
We know the system is designed to make activists burn out – it wants us to become weary and hopeless.
Here is a (non-comprehensive and ever-evolving) list of books that might help guide you through your journey of social justice activism.
Let us know if you have any to add! (Eventually we will have categories for different topics).
1. Trauma Stewardship by Laura van Dernoot Lipsky
2. Pleasure Activism by adrienne maree brown
3. Ella Baker’s Catalytic Leadership by Patricia S. Parker
4. All We Can Save by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and co-edited by Katharine K. Wilkinson
5. The Truth Will Set You Free, But First it Will Piss You Off by Gloria Steinem
6. Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooks
7. Economics for Everyone by Jim Stanford